Monday, October 30

The Apple Barn

Well, I know I'm a little late with this one but Dave, Ryan, Shane and I went to the Apple Barn on Sunday October 22. It was the perfect day. Bright sunshine, not too cold. They open at 10:00 on Sunday and we arrived at 10:30. We were on the first hay ride of the day to head out into the pumpkin patch to pick our seasonal pumpkin. For those of you who haven't been there, there is a petting zoo, which Ryan wasn't too interested in; pony rides which he definately wasn't interested in. There is a hay loft maze with a slide. (I have an after picture of Dave and Ryan) Ryan sat on Dave's lap down the narrow curvy yellow slide) they shot out of there like a cannon and landed with a big thud. The thud made a lot of people look to see what happened. I found it to be quite humorous. As you come out of the hayloft maze, there is bridge walkway over the hayride path that goes to another set of slides and into a castle looking maze. Ryan loved doing these. We picked up two pumpkins, one for Ryan and one for Shane. At the Apple Barn store, (which I waited in line for like ever) I bought a bag of jonagold's, some dried apples which are scrumptious! and a cool light kit for our pumpkin) I will include those pictures with my Halloween post. After our hayride, it was like grand central station. There were people everywhere. I'm so glad it was time to leave. We got home around 1pm. I guess most people either came after church or after lunch. We all had great fun! (This is after they shot out of the yellow slide you see behind them...hehehe)

1 comment:

Tankgirlxx said...

sounds like a good day. That is too weird about the Jonagold apples as that's what I have been buying the last few weeks, grown locally in UK, they are really yummy. Great minds and all that :o)
Look forward to the Halloween post with the kids dressed up

Guess What?