Monday, October 9

Happy Thanksgiving

Well, this long weekend has just flown by. I have to say that all in all, it was pretty laid back. Nice for a change. Some exciting news, Saturday night, Shane slept in his crib from 7pm - 4:30am. That is ground breaking. The longest he ever slept before that was like 5 hours. Then on Sunday night he slept from 7:30pm - 3:30am. I think it's because he is fighting something or going through a growth spurt. Dave and I have different opinions on that. I think it's a growth spurt. Dave thinks he's fighting something because he's not eating. Shane is just like Dave, not eating causes alarm. I just think he's tired and clingy and once that's over, he'll be chowing down the food again. What does anyone else think out there?

Sunday we had Dave's mom over for dinner. She insisted on making the Turkey and then bringing it over. Fine with me. I did the rest of the dinner. This is the first year I cheated and didn't make a homemade dessert. I bought a pumpkin pie from Costco. They are big pies I tell ya. Very Yummy. I did whip up some real whipped cream for it though. As usual, I made way too much. Oh darn, I don't have to cook today (monday). Everyone fend for themselves, meaning Dave and eat when and what you want. Love left over turkey. Do you get thanksgiving holiday in England Aysha?

Lia also brought some treats. She had gone to the Cranberry festival in Fort Langley on Saturday and bought a big bag of kettle corn with cranberries. Sounds weird I know, but wow, yummy. She also bought some pear/apricot wine. That was mighty tasty too. Her and I drank the bottle. I know what you're thinking, but it was a very small bottle. It was enough for two small wine glasses each.

The rest of the weekend was basically hanging with the kids. Ryan likes it when I help him with video games. Spyro the dragon is currently his favorite. and Shane is usually hanging off of me. I think once he starts walking, I'll be a little free-er. Is that a word?

Oh, I did go visit Kelli on Thursday and picked up the gate from her that I am borrowing from Tracy. I got that installed on Saturday. We had a nice visit. I just wish she didn't live so far away. We don't get to see each other very often. Maybe 4-6 times a year. When you have a family, wow, time just flies by and you forget about your own life. It's all about everyone else. I know my turn will come eventually.

Anyway, enough excitement for one blog....
G'night

3 comments:

Tankgirlxx said...

Sounds like a nice meal...I like Thanksgiving. Don't have it here in the UK, we don't have another long weekend until Xmas....and the last one was August! They are right stingy with the long weekends here.
Shane might just be the clingy type, some kids are some aren't.....ha ha get a load of me, the one with no kids :o)

Sue said...

I'm sure you'll be able to tell whether Shane's having a growth spurt or not feeling to well afterall, your his Momma!

I found it so interesting to see how when Jared was in a growth spurt he'd eat all the time (we say he's got a hollow leg), and then after a week of doing that then he'd need more sleep and didn't eat as much. And so the cycle continued. It's just the way the growth spurt works.

Glad to hear you had turkey. We didn't and I kinda feel ripped about it now. Mike isn't one for turkey so, we don't have it. Not on Thanksgiving or Christmas. The only way I tend to get it is if we're invited out. I made beef stew and the funny thing was , when Mike came back from his seminar he turned around and went out the door to hockey - not even having the bloody stew! Well I tell ya Jared and I were ripped! So we decided we're cooking a turkey with stuffing and he's going to bloody well eat it and like it! :)

Tankgirlxx said...

true Tara they do not have any nadgers in that respect, and God only knows how 'He' is sposed to find me, I don't go anywhere for him to find me! plus I'd probably turn him down lol!
You are correct trip is in November, the 6th to be exact so 3.5 weeks away yet. The temp here is really mild for Oct, it was 18 degrees when I got up today.

Guess What?