Thursday, September 21

Pro-D Day....Already

Well, Ryan has been working his tail off in Kindergarten. He has been in school for a total of 2-45 mins classes and 7-2 1/2 hour classes. The poor kid really does need a break! Pro-D day on the 22nd. Whew! just in the nick of time.

Ryan finished his swimming lessons this week. Unfortunately he didn't pass the level one. Apparently the guidelines have changed and for level one, the child must be able to swim the long length of the pool unassisted. Ryan definietly can't do that. He did manage to do everything else required. I'm proud of him as he stuck with it and ended up liking it in the end. I have signed him up with the same lady for weekly lessons. Better than having to drive him to Aldergrove three times a week. It was a bit intense. Ryan will be going weekly on Thursdays starting on Shane's birthday, October 12 until December 14. I really hope we can get some practice time in so he can pass the level one.

I was asked to by Ryan's teacher; Mrs Greenwood to be a parent volunteer and help with the class. First assignment is Tuesday - library day. I can only do it if Dave's mom is willing to come to the house and watch Shane for me. If not, I will pass on helping as I can't do both. Shane is too much of a handful these days.

Still working at getting dad's estate stuff worked out. Unfortunately the sale of his house fell through as his house is heated with oil and before we can sell it, it has to have a new tank installed and furnace and lines inspected. A new buyer can't get financing unless he can get insurance, no insurance, no financing. I've called the oil company to get a quote on the cost and will hopefully hear back from them tomorrow. Dad was also overpaid in CPP and OAP. They weren't notified of his death until July so will owe back to the governemnt from March to July. It sucks. Before anyone accepts being an Exector to someone's estate, do realize that it is a lot of work. I don't have time to work as this is a full time job right now.....what a joke.

For Dave's birthday, I bought him a ticket to a gala evening held last night at Prospera Centre for the induction of our new WHL Hockey Team - THe Chilliwack Bruins. Very exciting as the Stanley and Memorial Cup were there. Big buffet dinner which I'm sure Dave got his money's worth. Some famous hockey people etc. Dave said he had a real good time. Tonight he is out with the boys at the first ever Chilliwack Bruins home game.

Tomorrow night is my night out. Charmaine and I are planning to go for supper at the Greek Islands then maybe a movie. We don't know what we're going to see but no matter what we do and what we see, it will be a good time. We need the night out as Charmaine is going in for surgery on Monday and will be laid up for at least 6 weeks. I'm really going to miss her at aquafit.

I'm going to hit the hay and hopefully get a couple of hours shut eye before Shane needs nursing again. I will upload some pictures next time. Good night.

1 comment:

Tankgirlxx said...

sorry to hear Ryan didn't pass level 1 as they raised the bar, he worked so hard too. Oh well, next time he'll pass it no sweat.
Have a good night out....mmmm Greek food.
Sounds like you have been busy as always, take care
Big Hug

Guess What?