Tuesday, March 21

Family fun-filled Weekend!

Everyone except me of course, I'm taking the picture. Bo, Ben, Jenn, Danny, Ryan, Dave and Shane.

What a fabulous weekend! Dave's brother Bo and his wife Jenn and their two boys, Ben and Danny came and stayed with us in our new house for a few days this past weekend. Ryan is the oldest, 5, Ben is 3, Danny will be 2 in April and of course Shane is 5 1/2 months. There was a time when all four boys were all in one place playing and Jenn says to me, "You know, this is possible to have all of these kids be your own." I laughed, "no thanks." I couldn't imagine having four boys, all under the age of 5. Yikes....gives me shivers just thinking about it.

Friday March 17, 2006 - The Macfarlanes arrived in the late afternoon around 4:30. Dave got home at about 5:30. That gave them time to unload all there stuff into Kaitlyn's room. Dave and Bo had made plans to go to the Chilliwack Chiefs game at Prospera Centre. That was at 7pm.

Of course, now that a week has gone by the details of our weekend are a little fuzzy! I get so caught up in everyday stuff that I forgot to do this until now. Sorry to leave ya all hanging! The long and the short of it is that we did get the BBQ going by Sunday. I did get the rotisserie hooked up but I ended up cooking the roast pork in the oven. It was good none the less. Sunday night, I BBQ'd steaks, some real nice ribeyes from Weymouths. Scrumptious. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it. I was telling Bo and Jenn about cross hatching their steaks. (A little restaurant lingo - haha) I'm sure that I will never live it down. LOL. The family decided to stay an extra night as they had errands they wanted to run in Abbotsford, like Costco for instance. They had all of last week off as well. Ryan had to go to preschool on the Monday, so we got up and ready as normal and made breakfast for Bo. Jenn had already fed herself and the boys. They filed out of here about 8:30am to hit Canadian Tire and Wal-Mart before the long drive home. I had a fantastic time with them here. Kept my mind off of rheumatoid. It was there, just not front and center. It's amazing what the mind can do eh?!

1 comment:

Sue said...

Glad you had a great time! And good to see you had some time to update your blog.

Are you going to blog about your visit with Alex? How is the tapping going?

Guess What?