Thursday, December 14

First bit of decorating.

Here is a picture of the cookie bouquets my matron of honor and bridesmaids and I made as centerpieces and favours for Dave's and my wedding in 2004.

Well, it has been a busy day. I helped Ryan's class to decorate their gingerbread houses. It was a lot of fun but exhausting. All that energy in one room, and sugar, and excitement! Whoa, I need a nap. After I put Shane for a nap, I had Ryan paint a flower pot for Mrs. Greenwood. We are making her a Cookie bouquet as a Christmas gift. If you were at my wedding, you know what they look like. I also spent a little time decorating my mantle, now that I have one. I think it turned out ok. What do you think. Honestly. I have yet to pull out the stockings to hang. We'll probably get our tree this weekend, so when we pull out the decorations, that's where the stockings are too. I'll upload a final picture when that is done. Here is the mantle.

1 comment:

Sue said...

You must be feeling creative! All these creative things you're doing for Christmas - what a team player and joiner! Seriously, how do the gingerbread houses look? Did the kids love them? I'm sure they did because they got to decorate them. Did they bring them home today (Dec.15)?

Nicccceee mantle, I bet that feels alot more Christmasy now. Are you getting your tree on Saturday? That's the plan at our house. In answer to your Christmas card making question, I've completed and handed out half of the batch we did and now all I have to do is put the "let it snow" on the rest of them. I don't think I'll have enough so I either make more or email a Christmas wish or just call it a day on the christmas card thing. By the way, the ladies "loved" the christmas cards! You have such great ideas!

Happy Ho Ho Ho decorating!

Guess What?