Monday, January 29

Ryan's Birthday Party @ the Movies

Ryan's birthday party at the Cottonwood 4 Cinemas was Awesome! We had the movie theater all to ourselves starting at 9:45am to 12:45pm. The movie we saw was Arthur and the Invisibles. What a great flick.

The group got divided into two groups. One group got to take a tour upstairs of how the movies are played and got to see all the signage letters for the big board outside. They also got to look out the window down into the theater. The kids loved that.

The other group got to make cotton candy (to take home) and then also pour their drinks.

They then switched and each group did the other. We were running a tiny bit late so the move ended up starting late. The birthday boy gets the honour of starting the movie. Ryan loved that too! The movie ended at about 12:20pm. I had told the parents pick up was 12:30. Needless to say, there was barely enough time for the lighting of the candle, sing happy birthday and handing out cupcakes. We ended up bringing all the presents home to open. Kelli, Dean, Jordan and Logan came over. Mike had to take Jared for Baseball sign up and Charmaine John and Emily were having car troubles. Charmaine and Emily came for a short visit in the evening. What I'm trying to say is, I had made a ton of food thinking everyone was coming to the house. I made tex mex, stew, garlic sausage, cheese and crackers, chips, veggie tray. Fun was had by all and Ryan got some cool toys. I ended up packing some of them up and putting them in the basement. He hasn't even noticed. All in all a great party, and very easy. I highly recommend it!

Since then, Ryan got the cough and cold, then passed it on the Shane, now I'm getting it. I'm fighting it though. Cross my fingers.

Oh, Lia (Dave's mom) was in a head on collision. She had a black out episode and was driving in the fast lane of oncoming traffic and hit another lady. We think her car is totalled. We know for sure she won't be able to drive anymore though. She is quite upset about that. I understand the whole freedom thing. I feel bad for her but safety first.

The last thing so far, I've resigned with Stampin' Up to be a demonstrator again. I hope to use this as an opportunity to make some extra money and to also fuel my stamping addiction. Suzanne said I should write down what I want so hear it goes.

I would like to consistently have at least two Stamper's Ten groups, quarterly stamp camps, and the odd home party thrown in. These are my initial goals. A little lofty, but I'm putting it out there that this is what I want! I knew I bought the folding table for something!

Anyway, I'm officially updated!

(I'll have to upload pictures later as this won't let me)
Cheers
Tara

3 comments:

Kelli said...

We had tons of fun at Ryan's party, and I'm sort of glad no one came back to the house cause then I didn't have to share your tex mex!!! Also, we had lots more time to gossip!! Of course I'll have a party for you. Can't guarantee that it will big sales...but anything will help!

ttyl
Kelli

Tankgirlxx said...

sounds like an absolutely fab day! what a cool idea for a party, wish they had all these cool parties when I was a kid!! I've seen the ad for that movie and must admit I want to see it too, but then I love watching kids flicks. Hope you have managed to fight off the cough & cold.
How scary about Dave's Mom, how old is she?
What's Stampin' Up? I'm assuming it's some crafty type thing.

Sue said...

Jared and Mike enjoyed the movie too!

Glad to see you typed your "intent" in your blog. Fabulous....now watch it unfold!

Woohoo, more stampin to do. I'm sure if I had more time I'd be a stampin maniac!

Guess What?