Tuesday, February 5

Day 2

I don't know why with less time I walked farther?  It was at the same speed of 4.5.  Weird

Yuk!  What a totally unflattering picture!  But looking down for the picture gloriously shows off my 2nd and 3rd chins!!!!  Ughhh!  I am sporting my new anti-bullying pink shirt!  Thought I would break it in with a little sweat......I'm not working so hard that I'm dripping but after about the 9 minute mark, I'm feeling pain in my calves and feet.  I'm hoping with consistency that will dissipate.
Today's food consisted of pineapple and cottage cheese for breakfast.  That was the first time in a couple of months that I had something other than my shake.  It felt weird.  But it was yummy.  For lunch I had left overs.  I have to slowly but surely rid myself of crap in the house.  I had left over meat sauce from our spaghetti dinner on the weekend, plus the left over potatoes and green beans from last nights dinner.  I admit it was a big plate of food but...(insert rationalization) I wanted to rid it out of the fridge and be done with it.  I really hate wasting food.  I was lectured by my dad as a kid that there are starving children in Ethiopia and I should not waste food.  See, saying it out loud sounds totally stupid but I have a real hard time throwing food away as it's like throwing money away.  How do I change my mind set?  Ya ya, I know, better in the garbage than on my body, or on my ass but again, don't like throwing food away.

For supper we had a big plate of salad that consisted of spring mix, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, strawberries, yellow pepper, feta cheese, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.  On my salad I put the hot banana peppers.  Dave's salad was without as he tends not to like hot things.  Yesterday when I went to Costco I bought Butter Chicken.  Of course not the lightest fair but to combat that I put our dinner on the salad plates and our salad on our dinner plates.  I made basmati rice to go with the butter chicken.  I was so full from the salad that I ate all the chicken but left the rice.  I don't want to throw it away though.  I think I'll put it in the fridge for lunch tomorrow.  No waste!  Yes, I know that I really need to change my mindset.

I may go sit in the hot tub after dishes and putting the boys to bed.  A little reward for myself.  A calorie free reward.  :)

Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Guess What?