Saturday, May 27

Saturday May 27, 2006

Does anyone else feel like time is just flying by? Anyhow, it was quite the day. Ryan had a school mate's birthday party to go to in Yarrow. His name is Jacob. In my previous post you can see the birthday card that I made for him. Well, first off, getting ready to leave the house, almost made it on time too. I asked Ryan to take a quick pee before we left. What happens you ask? Well, he ended up getting his sweatshirt, pants AND underwear wet. I have no idea what he was looking at while he was peeing. I LOST it. Now we're going to be late. Upstairs to change him from head to toe. We get into Yarrow, and I can't find the house. Luckily, I programmed Jacob's mom's phone number in my phone before we left, just in case. It's weird, their address is Yarrow Central, yet their house faces Cherry Street, driveway is on Cherry Street too. Anyhow, get there and all the kids there are kids from his class. You would think he would feel at ease around them. NOPE! I told Ryan that I was going over to Auntie Charmaines and that I would be back in a little bit for him. He was having none of that. He just started sobbing and saying that he was coming with me. Jacob's mom Diana offered for me to stay, which I did for a little bit. See, I had promised Charmaine that I would watch Emily in her ballet recital. I wanted to video tape it for them. This started at 1pm. Ryan would not leave my side. We ended up leaving. Diana gave Ryan a loot bag and cool remote car and paint book. Even after his little "scene". I don't know why I get so mad about Ryan doing this. It is ultimately his choice. I just don't want him to have any regrets and I don't want him missing out on stuff or alienating himself from making friends. I was painfully shy when I was little, and I still remember how painful that was. I don't want that for Ryan. We went and watched Emily dance. She was great. I got some good video of her. Now all I have to do is buy a USB cord so I can burn it on a DVD for them. Of course when we got home, Shane went down for a nap. Ryan kept saying that now he would like that hotdog and cake that was offered to him while we were at Jacob's. I told him the party was over and that he missed out because he wouldn't stay without me. I don't know why he acts this way. It's not like I have EVER left him anywhere. He has never even had a babysitter. I mean, I'm glad he loves me and all but, this behaviour is to the extreme.

I asked him before he went to bed if he wanted to go to McDonald's tomorrow for Brookliyn's birthday party and he said "no thanks". (We're going) Of course I'm staying this time because the party is in Abbotsford. I'm not going to commute back and forth. That would be a total waste of gas. Hopefully, I can get Ryan into the spirit by getting him to help me wrap Brooklyn's present. I purposely left it unwrapped for the last couple of weeks so he could help me.

If you're wondering, YES, I had to change my blog because my previous blog outline was screwing up. It was putting my Profile and Links etc way down at the bottom. So, I changed it to fix it. What do you think? Do you like this one?

1 comment:

Sue said...

I like, I like! It has a nice soft feel to it, the blog format that is. Did they change formats on blogger or did you pick this one elsewhere? I haven't looked into changing anything on my blog so I have no idea.

Hmm maybe getting other people to look after him for like an hour or something may help him to "release you". I don't know though, because you don't want to scar him for later in life. What do the "experts" say on this? Have you researched it on the computer? Any other mom's going through this?

Guess What?