Sunday, June 4

Yarrow Day Parade and Kaitlyn's Birthday-All Together.

Saturday June 3, 2006 was a very long day. Let me take you back. We all got up early and loaded up in the van, Ryan, Shane, Kaitlyn, Brandi, Kirsten and myself to drive to Abbotsford to pick up Oma at 8:30am. The first Saturday in June is always the Yarrow Days Parade. This year, Ryan was apart of the parade with his Preschool - Leap for Joy. They had a float, kids could ride their bikes, walk or use a wagon. If your child was on the float, there had to be an adult with them. Well, I decided that with Shane that would be too difficult, just in case Dave had to work. I opted for buying Ryan a wagon. That way, dad could pull him and I could push Shane in the stroller. I figured Ryan would get tired if we made him walk, and he doesn't even peddle a bike yet. Wagon it was. So, in my infinite wisdom, I decided that we should decorate this wagon. I decided to make a rainbow. I couldn't just get some felts and color in a rainbow, oh no, I decided to glue squares of streamers onto some poster board. You'll see what I mean when you look at the pictures. I would say it took me about four hours. I took pictures of it in progression. Then the trick was figuring out how to stick it to the wagon. John helped me with that. I also hung streamers from the stroller. I parked the van at Charmaine's and John's house and Dave pulled Ryan in the wagon and I pushed Shane in the stroller down to Yarrow Elementary where the Parade started. Emily was also in the parade with her ballet group. There float was on a 53' semi trailer. They followed the preschool in the parade.

Turned out to be a beautiful day for our parade. However, poor Shane, he has been out of sorts since last Thursday with this teething thing. Saturday was like the height of it all. He had a fever, and crying, sensitive and tired. There was no consoling him. I carried him in my arms for most of the day after the parade was over. The parade ended at the MB Church on Yarrow Central. Mrs. K. (The new owner of the preschool) was dressed up as a frog and announced to the children that they would get a participant ribbon and a goodie bag at the end of the parade. The child with the green frog in their goodie bag would win a special prize. You're not going to believe it. Ryan won! He won this gigantic, beautiful helium filled dragon fly. Unfrotuantely, mommy didn't tie it to the stroller good enough, and after I took a picture of Ryan with it, it came loose and floated away up into the sky. Ryan was sad... Dave and I barked at one another as we always do during 'outings' like that. Kaitlyn, Brandi, and Kirsten were with Oma and when we met up with them, we told the girls they could go and do their own thing for an hour or so and that we would all meet at the Yarrow Deli at 12:00pm. Dave decided that he would go back to Charmaine and John's house to get the van. I told him that I left the keys in the van. Problem was, when John left the house, just to be safe, he put the keys inside the house. So Dave called me on the cell to ask where the keys were, which I didn't know, and had to wade through the Yarrow crowd to find him. He was in line for some food, and after he got his food, before he could even eat it, bolted home to get the keys for Dave. He could have at least ate his lunch with his family.

Dave picked us all up and we headed home where birthday festivities were to begin. I made it as simple for me as possible. We were going to have bbq'd burgers and hot dogs. I made potato salad, caesar salad, had chips and salsa, punch, coke and sprite. Charmaine brought soup that I requested, ( which I got to enjoy all by myself) It was delish.....!!!!!! Where was I...oh and of course birthday cake from Costco. It was a real pretty cake. It had a nice sunshine on it with flowers and the two cutest bees. John took a picture of it for me, so when he emails it to me, I will post it.

Brandi and Kirsten (and their parents) gave Kaitlyn $40. John and Charmaine gave Kaitlyn a gift card for the book store which was right at the top of her list. I like the fact she likes to read. Funny anecdote. Her list included a Lemony Snicket book written in Latin, and also a Latin/English dictionary. I asked her if she had the Lemony Snicket book in English? Well, she does. I asked her, "wouldn't it be easeier to translate from book to book?" LOL. She shrugged her shoulders and said she still wanted the dictionary. I don't get it, but whatever. We had gotten her a bucket of gel pens which she had seen at Costco. 81 pens in the set. A canuck t-shirt which she had ordered with her dad and had totally forgotten about. We also got her the latest Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire movie, and the piece to resistance, 2 Lemony Snicket movie posters. They were pretty cool. On one side of the poster, there was your typical movie poster, but on the back was like seeing through a window. Everything was printed backwards. Bizarre. She went nuts over them. I had also handmade her a card with a Lemony Snicket theme. If you check my past posts, it was the same format as Jacobs card only it was black and I had printed some charactures off the internet of the characters from Lemony Snicket's books, series of unfortunate events. She went crazy for it. I was shocked! But very happy she liked it. Oma got Kaitlyn the greatest pair of black jeans. They fit her perfect. They made her look so tall and thin. I wish I had a pair of jeans that did that. I think you need to have the figure first. HaHa. Oma also got her a new pair of sandals. Very nice. She got her a couple of other things which escape me at this moment. Anyway, all in all, the day was ok. Except for poor little Shane. All I could do for him was cool him down with a cool cloth and cuddle him. I felt so bad for him. Ryan never teethed like that. His teeth just popped in, no problems.

Because Shane was under the weather and demanding of my time, Charmaine and John did most of the cleanup work for me. They brought everything inside for me and wrapped everything up and put it in the fridge. I'm very thankful to them for helping me out like that. After they headed home, Oma and I were chatting and she stood up and said she wasn't taking no for an answer, she was going to do the dishes. I didn't put up much of a fight as I was terribly pooped and still holding Shane in my arms. I forgot to mention that for the first time since Dave started with Yarrow Water, he was called out. He went into Yarrow to do a shut off and then came home only to be called back to turn the water on again. After that, he drove Oma home. It's really all a blur after that. Oh, the girls watched the Harry Potter movie. I kind of watched it here and there. Good flick. If you like that sort of thing. Sunday was boring in comparison to Saturday, so I'm opting not to continue. I'll just add some pictures for ya and until next time.....
HAPPY 15TH BIRTHDAY KAITLYN!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Blogger is not letting me post pictures with this so will post later.

Guess What?