Saturday, May 19

Lots of Popcorn.....Yum!


Well, it's been an 'entertaining' couple of days. Friday was a pro-d day so I took Krista (well she followed) to Langley to Toy Traders. Got the boys a few goodies there. They haven't stopped playing with them yet! I figured since I was in Langely that I would take the boys to see Shrek the Third at the Collossus. How great. We ate 2 buckets of popcorn between the three of us. I swear Shane was cleaning up! Great movie, not as good as 1 and 2 but entertaining. Of course the theater is awesome, spacious and comfortable! I talked to Dave's mom today and told her we went and her response was that she had hoped I hadn't as she heard on the noon news that the movie wasn't appropriate for kids and that it was scary...LOL. It caught me a bit off guard. I said that it must have been her opinion and that she was wrong (the critic not Lia) The movie was rated G, it was animated and the boys loved it. Lia was worried that the movie would give the boys nightmares. I said, no, they loved it and they are fine. End of conversation on that topic. Ya, I'm such a horrible mother. I took my boys to see Shrek the Third and now they are going to need therapy. What a joke!


Today, Dave asked Kaitlyn what she wanted to do and she said a movie. LOL. Dave is working for Yarrow on call until next Thursday as Rudy is away and the weather is unpredictable and Dave wanted me to go as he had to keep a close eye on the computer and save Yarrow from potential disaster......rofl. Anyway, no problem there. Kaitlyn and I went to see Spiderman 3. I sense a '3' theme here. Anyway, I found it to be very entertaining. The 2+ hours to fly by. Lots of action! Only one bag of popcorn. I did however, during the movie noticed that Kaitlyn ran out of pop and asked if she would go and get our drinks filled as everything is free refills. She said no thanks. I was a little perturbed as I paid for the movie and the snacks and she couldn't get off her butt for a refill. What a brat! It makes me wonder why we bother to do anything with her. I did however, enjoy the movie. Not even a thanks for the movie or nothing.


I'm going to have a nice hot shower before bed. Tomorrow afternoon while Dave is taking Kaitlyn home, I plan to take the boys to Charmaines and set up their computer. Maybe she'll finally get internet! lol. Catch up with the '90's eh? LOL.


Hope you're all having a good weekend!

I'm out.

2 comments:

Tankgirlxx said...

ya popcorned out yet?! lol that's the only trouble with sequels, they never seem to be as good. I'm sure the boys see worse stuff on tv than a G rated flick. Tara, Tara, Tara...you were expecting gratitude from a teenager, you should know better lol. And I never said anything about no cinnabons when I arrive...I'm looking forward to some major naughty, yummy bad ass American food when I return!

Sue said...

We just saw Shrek 3 too, it was great! We went over to Silver City in Mission - not as nice as Colossus but good seating just the same.

Glad to hear your weekend is going well. Have fun at Charmaine's, say "hi".

I guess you heard the news about "Ava Lily McCallum", Dana said he'll be posting some pics.

Maybe one day Kaitlyn will look back and say, "Thanks Dad, thanks Tara" until then an "ok" may have to do.

Lookin forward to Tuesday!!!!

Guess What?