Tuesday, February 14

What a day!

Well, where do I begin? I did finally get the table and chairs put together. Of course there always has to be drama in my life. I stepped away for only a second to feed Shane and had asked Ryan NOT to touch anything. Next thing I know, I hear one real loud crash and then one smaller crash. Needless to say, I freaked out! So, my new table has a ding and a couple scratches on it already! ah, boys......Definitely not the first mishap, and for sure won't be the last. I finished putting the table and chairs together by about 7:00pm.

I swear I am not destined to eat hot food. It's true what they say, moms know how to eat fast and with one hand. In this case, Dave came home with our coveted Rendez Vous. Oh, did it smell good. That was at about 6:10pm. I kept Shane up so he could see dad before bed. He hadn't slept much at all today, so an early bedtime for him. Got him to sleep by about 6:40pm. Dave dished out the food for us...I was on my way.....I put some chicken nuggets in the toaster oven for Ryan and finished putting together the last two chairs when.......The melodic sound of Shane crying on the baby monitor....What? He's awake already? I told Dave to go ahead without me, but he declined. What a sweetheart. (He did sneak his garlic toast to fend off the hunger pains). I waddled back up the stairs (opposite kind of day, good mild pain in the morning, and stiffened right up this afternoon) nursed Shane again for about 20mins until he drifted off. He had a good grip on my shirt and opened his eyes up at me.....in came the suckie and off to lala land he went. Managed to pry away and fly down the stairs to my awaiting husband and Ryan sitting at our new table to eat supper. I do say that the meal was fabulous even if it was cold. I went for the lamb......how'd ya guess? Since I didn't have it at Ryan's birthday, I had to have it now! It was worth the wait, always is.

Got a phone call from my cousin Greg today. Things are not looking good for grandma. They put her on heavy antibiotics which is clearing up the mucous and phlegm out of her lungs but with her fibrosis, she is having a hard time getting oxygen. The fibrosis in her lungs is so inflamed that it's blocking her body from getting air. Greg told me that they gave her a steroid anti-inflammatory shot and that they would wait to see if that helps. Greg said that my uncle, aunt and him were at the hospital today and she basically told them that she wanted to give up. They told her no and they fully expect her to fight this to come home. My uncle is going to stay with her at the hospital over night tonight. I told Greg, (both of us crying now) that I want to be called right away if anything turns for the worse. I have to see her. I can't stop crying. Strong? Me? Hardly.....

Kaili, I can't believe I'm blogging either. Technology like this usually eludes me, just ask your dad. I do however believe that it entered into my life at just the right time. I'm using this as a way to put into words, words that I can't seem to express to anyone and hopefully won't offend, or be judged by it. I'm sure that when you come down this weekend that you could possibly pick up some dressing to take home from the Rendez Vous. At this stage in your pregnancy, food is everything! I loved being pregnant! Can;t wait to meet your new little one, which I'm sure you can't either. Sorry to hear you're not able to come on Saturday, but you're welcome anytime.

Time for me to sign off as I am physically and mentally wiped right out and have to be up early to take Ryan to school. Wishing everyone, joy, love, laughter and happiness on this day, Valentine's!

Love Tara

1 comment:

Kaili said...

I feel famous that you mentioned me on your blog. WOW!
I'm loving food it's true, and yes can't wait to meet the little Bean. :)
Sorry I couldn't make it today, I would love to see your new place. Don't be shy about commenting on my blog, "it's what bloggers do". I love comments!
Have a great week end!

Guess What?