Saturday, June 17

Celebrating Father's Day..but first....

What a day! Ryan was invited to Colton's birthday party today at Cottonwood theaters. Colton goes to preschool with Ryan and his mom Chenoa I first had met at the office as a patient. We've gotten to to know each other better since our boys are in school together and we also did a Stampers 10 together. More about that at another time.

The birthday party was GREAT! The kids got to tour the cinema and projection room. Because it was Colten's birthday, he got to actually start the movie. The feature today was Over the Hedge. What a cute movie! After the tour, the kids got to make their own cotton candy to take home and dispense their own pop. (Ryan decided to have peach) So each of the kids got a small popcorn and drink for the movie. Afterwards, Chenoa had made cupcakes and had a fruit tray, and then Colten opened his presents. This event started at 9:45am and we ended up leaving about 1;10pm. I'm thinking that might be something I'll do for Ryan next year. I thought the whole experience was fantastic! I asked Chenoa and it worked out to $10/person. Not bad if you think about it.

On our way home from the theater, we stopped at Safeway to get a few last minute things for our Father's Day celebration and then to Canadian Tire. I wanted to get Dave a wheel barrow for Father's Day. He's been talking about wanting one for yard work for a while. Funny thing is, he has to put it together though. (I'll probably try and do that while he is at work one day) I also got him a new pair of swim trunks. I like those. They are a nice bright blue with yellow piping. Very stylish. Like Dave cares. Ha.

We had Dave's mom over and I did a pork roast on the rotisserie with bbq sauce, garlic etc. Yum, then I sliced it to put on buns. Very yummy. I also made potato salad, caesar salad, a huge veggie tray, chips and shrimp dip (which turned out better than I thought it would) Very Yummy! I stayed up late last night making these cookies that I got the recipe from Suzanne from Sport & Spine McCallum. Milk chocolate chocolate chip, Skor, and Pecan. WOW, are they addictive. Dave wanted to dive in right away but I told him he had to wait. Whatever didn't get eaten today, I put in the freezer so they all don't disappear. For dessert I picked up a cheesecake with fruit on the top. It has strawberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges and red grapes on the top. Now that was good too! I am so full, that I think I'm going to head straight to bed after I post. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures to show you. I was just way too busy. All in all a great Father's Day. I have so much left over, that all I'll have to do Sunday is make breakfast. Leftovers it is for lunch and supper.

1 comment:

Sue said...

Wholly cow what a feast!!

Everyone must of "rolled" away to bed after that meal.

Glad your day was fantastic, it all sounds like everything went well. Now today (Sunday) you can have a relaxing day and just nibble away when you get a hankering for some nibblies!

Have a great day and wish Dave a "Happy Father's Day" from the McCallums.

Guess What?