Sunday, June 18

Happy Father's Day

I just wanted to wish Dave a Happy Father's Day! Both my dad and Dave's dad are gone, but we remember them on this day. I got a new wheel barrow for Dave. He has been expressing that he wanted one for a while now. Unfortunately, when I bought it, it didn't come assembled.

I picked up the wheel barrow from Canadian Tire after the birthday party on Saturday. When I pulled in the driveway, Dave was outside and immediately came to the van to help me unload the kids. So, of course he saw it right away, but didn't say anything.

I offered to put the wheel barrow together for him, and he said, "what, you don't think I can put it together?" I said, "no, I know you could put it together, but as part of your Father's Day present I will put it together for you." He thought about it for a minute and decided ok. He then said that he would go outside and erect the old swing set from the old place. So, now the swing set is up too. Dave was impressed with the wheel barrow. Now he wants to create a project for it. We'll see what he comes up with.

Well, it's going to be a busy week before I head to Toronto. Monday, I have an appointment with Dr. Campbell, swing by Sport & Spine to pick up my crafting supplies from Suzanne Pennell, who I lent them to to make her daughter's birthday invitations, and then if time permits, to Michaels to get some cord for the pendants that I bought for my sisters and my neice. I'm doubting I'll get the Michael's done, but I'm trying to be ambitious. Tuesday, I have to take Ryan to the Child Development Center for his discharge assessment for Occupational Therapy. Wednesday is Ryan's graduation and final day of school. Thursday, Ryan has his last Speech Therapy appointment. I think Friday I am appointment free. So somewhere before Wednesday, I have to do some shopping as I volunteered to bring a meat tray to Ryan's graduation, and I want to get a gift card of some sort for Debbie, Ryan's speech therapist as a thank you. And in that midst make some birthday cards. I plan to mail my sister-in-laws, Donna, and Lia's while I am away in Toronto. This week is going to fly baby....

2 comments:

Tankgirlxx said...

Wholly Cow, don't forget to breathe!!! What a busy bunny you are, kudos to you for managing it all. Nifty looking wheelbarrow too! Are all of you going to Toronto or is it just you? How long ya going for? Looking at your pics I swear you haven't aged a day girl!

Sue said...

Niiiccee Wheelbarrow! Good job putting it together as well!

Yeh, like Aisha says, remember to breathe. You'll get everything done, you always do.

Did the pendants come already?

I did schedule your Friday, so you and the boys have an appointment at 10am. Sorry, I screwed up your "no appointment" day.

Guess What?